Virtuemart Data Migration Guide — Road To Success
Have you just decided to re-platform your e-store because of the descent in your current shopping cart? If you’re reading this article, you must be considering whether your next destination should be Virtuemart or not and whether there is a way to migrate to Virtuemart which can save your time, money and effort?
So, read on because we will certainly help you understand more about this great free ecommerce system and will show you the best practice to migrate your store to Virtuemart successfully.
All about Virtuemart
VirtueMart is a complete eCommerce solution and must be used together with the Content Management System Joomla! (CMS).
In fact, VirtueMart first began as a branch of the stand-alone PHPShop e-commerce web application. Originally called Mambo-PHPShop, it became the first substantial native e-commerce component for the Mambo CMS system. But after branching off Mambo into Joomla, the developer re-branded Mambo-PHPShop as VirtueMart, officially supporting the newer Joomla CMS.
Firstly, to understand more about Virtuemart, this website builder has both advantages and disadvantages as listed in the below table:
Pros and cons
- Add unlimited products and categories.
- Easily create accounts, make purchases, access the order history, etc.
- SEO friendly which can increase the amount of organic traffic your store receives.
- Simple installation and integration of other Joomla extensions.
- Detailed product description options
- Only work on the Joomla platform, and if you’re not familiar with Joomla there could be a hard stuff.
- Offer less features than other platforms.
- Complicated payment processing.
About features, Virtuemart provides an extensive list of features that allows users to easily and quickly build a shopping store.
- Extend the functionalities of Virtuemart shop by adding Plugins, Components, Templates and Modules.
- Based on Joomla MVC framework.
- Implementation of Joomla Plugins for: payment, shipment, coupons, calculation rules, custom product fields, etc.
- Nested categories with meta tags for SEO, description and media.
- Products with meta tags for SEO, short and long description, dimension, etc.
- Shopper groups
- Real multi currency
- Dynamical calculator
- Products display
- Marketing promotion and tools
How to perform migration to Virtuemart with LitExtension?
Virtuemart migration service provided by LitExtension allows you to automatically and easily migrate all products, customers, orders and other related entities from current platforms to Virtuemart with the highest level of security and accuracy. We also offer Free Demo migration so that you can migrate a limited number of entities without charge and preview how your new store will operate on Virtuemart.
Most importantly, you may question which data can be possibly moved to this shopping cart when using LitExtension’s migration tool. Now, here are they:
- Products Categories
- Multi Languages
Not over yet, LitExtension also offers a number of additional options for you to expand your Virtuemart migration possibility.
- Clear Data On Target Store Before Migration
- Preserve Order IDs
- Create The 301 Redirects
- Migrate Customers Password
- SEO URLs Migration
- Preserve Customer IDs
- Strip HTML tags
- Migrate Additional Images
- Preserve Product IDs
Therefore, to know better, try our FREE DEMO now to see how efficiently LitExtension tool works, in addition, our support agents are always available on live chat to help you.
5 steps to migrate your store to Virtuemart with LitExtension
- Login to LitExtension website at: https://litextension.com/
- Go to your account, click on “Create my migration” button to begin
- Set up your shopping cart migration Firstly, Select your Source Cart type and Virtuemart as your Target Cart. Then provide the URL to the corresponding blank bars. Download and install LitExtension Connector to Virtuemart store root folder by FTP. Apply the action for target.
4. Select the entities you want to migrate and choose additional options if needed.
Next, you can select what entities you want to migrate. To preserve perfectly the links among those data, we highly recommend you to transfer them at once.
- Click “Start Free Demo Migration” and wait for the tool to finish your job and check the result.
After that, you are ready to migrate your store to VirtueMart. You can try Free Demo to test the accuracy of the process with 20 entities limited. Or, you can definitely go ahead with Full Migration by clicking Skip Demo Migration.
Once the migration is started, it will run seamlessly on the server. Therefore, there’s no need to keep your PC on while the data is being transferred. It is completely safe to turn it off! Take a break, have a cup of coffee and you’ll be notified via email when the process is completed.
Don’t have time to migrate to Virtuemart by yourself?
In case, if you are busy and just want someone to completely take care of your store migration for you or your store has some third party modules or some custom fields need to migrated. Therefore, we would like to offer the All-In-One Migration service, this service provides high quality migration service with low cost. Moreover, we will perform data migration and provide all the necessary customization for you. The main goal is certainly to save time and minimize efforts of e-merchants.
The top 4 popular Virtuemart Migration
To clarify, based on recent report by LitExtension, our customers usually move their store to Virtuemart from these 4 platforms:
So, please contact our support agents via live chat now for more information about Virtuemart migration! Let’s join our community to get more eCommerce knowledge.