BigCommerce Dropshipping 101 — A Beginner’s Guide
If you’ve heard of BigCommerce dropshipping, you’re probably aware that it’s one of the most valuable business models for today’s expanding firms.
If you are seeking step-by-step instructions on how to dropship on BigCommerce, you have come to the right spot.
In this article, LitExtension — #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert will show you how to get started with BigCommerce dropshipping in a way that’s practical and applicable, even if you have no prior experience.
Keep reading to unveil:
- Detailed instructions for BigCommerce dropshipping
- Why dropshipping with BigCommerce
- Is dropshipping worth it?
How to Start a BigCommerce Dropshipping in 5 Simple Steps?
Before moving ahead to the detailed guide on how to start a dropshipping business, we want to note that each store is unique, which may influence some of the general steps outlined below.
Feel free to make any changes you think are necessary to help your store expand in the best way possible while following these BigCommerce dropshipping instructions!
Let’s jump right in, shall we?
#1 Determine what to sell
When we say, “go with your heart”, we’re not being clichéd. Choosing a category you’re enthusiastic about is the first step to BigCommerce dropshipping.
This step would show that you understand and care about the needs of your target demographic. Moreover, you’ll have a leg up on the competition and a head start in selecting winning items and advertising approaches.
So, how can you know what to sell?
- Check out Google Trends: This free service can help you gain an edge in your market research by showing you what people are searching for. Google Trends and social media can assist you to determine your target market and guide your product development and marketing efforts.
- Make use of eCommerce sites: Use popular online marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, Pinterest, and eBay to see what the best dropshipping products are at the moment. You can also learn the secrets to success and how to apply them to your own business on these sites.
#2 Create a BigCommerce dropshipping store
If you’re short on time or knowledge, but still want to save money in the long term, going with the BigCommcerce platform is surely your right best choice!
BigCommerce offers a full set of features for marketing, analytics, design, and support capabilities for your online store. Currently, BigCommerce pricing includes 3 price plans, each tailored to the unique needs of a business.
BigCommerce’s Enterprise package is the way to go if you want completely customized pricing. All of the features of the preceding plans are included, which are tailored specifically to the needs of high-volume merchants. Also, BigCommerce will handle the initial configuration and any necessary data transfers so you can focus on running your own company.
Creating a shop for BigCommerce dropshipping is simple. Follow these simple steps below to get started with BigCommerce:
- Visit BigCommerce website
- Create an account
- Answer a few questions about your business and you’re ready to go!
- Then, you will have to plan how your shop will look. But hey! Don’t freak out if you’re not a graphic design genius!
BigCommerce has an enormous library of editable themes (both paid themes & free ones)that makes it possible to launch any kind of product with little more than a computer and some creativity.
Maybe you don’t like the available themes?
Don’t worry! You can also choose a design that suits your company by uploading a custom theme as well!
#3 Set up and optimize your online store
Then, to set up your BigCommerce dropshipping, you’ll need to adjust certain settings to your liking before you can unleash it into the world. The following are some of the things you may need to do to have your online setup and running:
- Add admin users
- Change the shop info
- Create a product category list
- Add product list
- Define your method of payment
If you have done all the tasks above, you can actually open your store to the public. But, if you want to make sure your customers are happy and spend as much money as possible in your shop, there is still more a step called “optimization” that needed to be done:
- Modify the theme source code: If you want to make additional customizations to the original BigCommerce theme, you can make changes to the HTML and CSS. By doing this, you can give your store a more unique style and improve your customer’s experience.
- Follow the BigCommerce SEO Guide that works: Just like with any other medium, you need to perfect the SEO on your site if you want to stand out in the huge eCommerce crowd. More often, your SEO listing, not your product page, is often the first place where clients find you.
- Smoother checkout process: This is a huge topic, not easy to be done, however, it is too important not to talk about. If you make it less likely that problems will happen, shoppers will have less reason to abandon their carts.
Payment gateway, for instance, is an essential component of the checkout process. You can provide a smooth and secure one-page checkout experience to your customers by streamlining eCommerce payment processing. This will assist you in lowering costs, decreasing shopping cart abandonment, and improving the consumer experience.
#4 Choose BigCommerce dropshipping providers
No matter how efficiently a drop shipping business is run, finding the right dropshipping suppliers is key to dropshipping with BigCommerce’s success.
Here are some of the major BigCommerce dropshipping providers that have been well-known in the industry:
Almost all BigCommerce customers have met them at some point in their lives. AliExpress is one of the best-known dropshipping suppliers of many BigCommerce stores. It is a dropship supplier that gives access to 40 categories of products from manufacturers, such as home goods and clothing.
You can connect to a huge network of Asian manufacturers and wholesalers through AliExpress. On top of everything else, AliExpress’s dropshipping service is free to sign up for.
Crafts its brand identity as an innovative merchant, Printify is more than just a t-shirt printing service; it connects you with thousands of unique product vendors from all over the world.
They can make and sell everything from mugs and t-shirts to phone covers and accessories. They also allow you to sell your products on your own website, complete with order tracking and delivery details.
This dropshipping is at the top of our list since it has received over 1.800 customer reviews and received many five-star ratings on Trustpilot. Spocket provides a platform for merchants to open and expand their online dropshipping stores.
Additionally, store owners can save up to 60% off the retail price of any goods when they work with this app. Wow, that’s a fantastic bargain!
#5 Start your BigCommerce dropshipping business
When you’re ready to open for business, BigCommerce dropshipping makes it simple to launch your online store and begin accepting orders. A “Launch Store” button is located below the “Review & test your store” section at the bottom of the page.
Why Dropshipping with BigCommerce?
Since BigCommerce dropshipping is such a simple yet popular method of doing dropshipping business, it is not unusual to see why many store owners decide to invest in it. Here are some of the reasons why it’s worthwhile to adopt the platform as your final choice:
- BigCommerce charges zero transaction costs.
- An up-to-date collection of themes: BigCommerce will bring you close to your dream shop through its enormous number of themes. One big plus is that you won’t have to make many changes since their themes have already been so much more than enough!
- A number of useful built-in features adapted to the user demand: BigCommerce understands how to listen to customers and is constantly working to develop features that are ideal for any eCommerce business.
Is Dropshipping Worth It?
“Numbers never lie” — let these statistics speak for this question:
- From 2020 to 2027, the capitalization of the drop shipping industry will grow by 53%, from $197 billion to $500 billion, according to Oberlo.
- ⅓ of people in the world have shifted from shopping in brick-and-mortar stores instead shopping online (Global News Wire).
- Over the past few years, dropshipping increased revenue by over 200% compared to the conventional business strategy (GVR research).
So, is dropshipping worth it? Yes, it surely is! Dropshipping is a good choice to establish a new business or expand the existing ones. It requires only a little or no capital to do so as well!
BigCommerce Dropshipping: FAQs
#1. Does BigCommerce allow dropshipping?
Yes, and even simple to launch a BigCommerce dropshipping business! The platform’s flexible features and great customer service make it a real option for start-ups.
#2. How much does BigCommerce cost?
Because BigCommerce dropshipping does not charge transaction fees, its pricing may initially appear to be more appealing. BigCommerce has transparent pricing: Monthly fees range from $29.95 for the Standard plan to $299.95 for the Pro plan and a custom amount for the Enterprise plan.
#3. Is BigCommerce better than Shopify for dropshipping?
It’s up to each taste and preference. Both BigCommerce and Shopify are strong, well-known eCommerce systems. If you have certain requirements for your website, then that should guide your decision. Large stores would benefit most from Shopify, while BigCommerce’s seamless interfaces would be ideal for expanding an eCommerce operation.
#4. Which platform is best for dropshipping?
Many eCommerce business owners consider Shopify and BigCommerce to be the Best eCommerce Platforms for Dropshipping. However, as mentioned, many others can always benefit from other apps as well, such as BigCommerce, as mentioned above.
If you do decide BigCommerce dropshipping is the way to go, one of the most important decisions you can make is picking the ideal dropshipping suppliers. Spending more time on research increases the likelihood of achieving the desired outcomes.
In this article, we have shown you how to dropship on BigCommerce. Feel free to get in touch if you have any further inquiries and we will respond as soon as possible. Better yet, sign up for our active eCommerce community and tap into the knowledge of thousands of other eCommerce store owners.